I had to go to a clients office for a couple hours of work on Wednesday morning (poor planning on my part), and then Courtney and I headed to the land far, far away - Quanah, TX. Population not many. But part of that "not many" population is some of our absolutely FAVORITE people. It is about a 4 hour drive, so by the time we stopped to eat lunch, it was about 3pm before we rolled into town. We were greeted by some sweet hugs from some sweet little people. And some big people too :)
After church Wednesday night, we went to Dairy Queen for some ice cream.
Then we headed out to get a close up look of some wind turbines that are being put up. I think Ryan said they were putting up 85 in the first phase. I thought these were pretty awesome. They don't look that big from the highway, but as you drive closer to them, they are HUGE! We may or may not have climbed through a barbed wire fence to get a closer look.
Thursday morning, we got a tour of Quanah Elementary school and got to see every one's room for the upcoming school year. I can't believe Katie Sue will be in Pre-K!!!
Courtney was feeling a little puny and fighting a sore throat. I think the busy days prior may have wore her down. And the fact that this was the sixth day in a row that she had to get up fairly early (8 to 9ish) and was not able to sleep until noon.
Molly in her classroom. This will be her first year to teach and I know she will be an awesome 2nd grade teacher!!
Luke in his classroom. He will be in 2nd grade too
Jackson will be in 3rd grade!!
And Ryan in his room - the Principal's office
We had lunch at Pizza Hut in Vernon, about 30 miles from Quanah.
We spent the afternoon at the swim park in Vernon. It is brand new and really nice.
Luke
Jackson
Katie Sue
Courtney and Katie Sue in the lazy river
Courtney and Katie coming down the slide
Katie and Courtney
Luke
Jackson
Courtney and I played lego's with Jackson while Molly was slaving away in the kitchen
After supper, we went to Altus, OK (which is 40 miles away and is the closest movie theater) to watch the new Ice Age. It was a really cute show.
Katie in her 3D glasses. Courtney was scolding me for taking a picture when the movie was about to start :)
Friday morning we headed home so I could get some things done before Rod and Michael got home from Belize. But first we drove across town and kidnapped Jordan Freeman to come home with us for a few days. He stayed with us from Friday until tonight (four nights) and it was so nice to have him with us!! Courtney and Jordan were inseparable when we all lived in Blossom. It was just like old times :)
Since my passenger's were passed out, I drove the whole 4 hours home with just one pit stop in Bonham.
Thank you Molly and Ryan for letting us come visit!! We love and miss you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment