7.15.2012

Pinterest Recipes

As most of you know, I have this addiction to Pinterest.  And I usually get on there daily to pin different things.  I have a TON of recipes pinned, so I thought it was time I started trying some of them out.  I made two different ones this weekend.

Last night, I made Three Cheese Chicken Alfredo Bake.  My family LOVED it.  Even Rod, who claims he doesn't like chicken.  I think I may slowly be winning him over...

Three Cheese Chicken Alfredo Bake:
1 (16-ounce) package penne or elbow macaroni
2 (10-ounce) containers refrigerated Alfredo sauce
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
2 garlic clove, minced
3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 cups mozzarella cheese
Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.  Stir together all ingredients except mozzarella cheese.  Spread mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.  Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese.  Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.


This recipe makes a lot!  Probably enough to feed at least 10 people.  I divided it into two dishes, and froze one of them.

Recipe #2:  Crock Pot Chicken.  Normally, I would not serve chicken two days in a row two a husband who claims he doesn't like chicken (even though he ALWAYS eats what I fix and says he likes it), but my only choice of unfrozen meat his morning was a pork roast or chicken.  And I don't like having to cook my roasts on high and that is what I would have done since my family would be starving after church.  So I went with the crock pot chicken recipe.  This recipe was a hit with kids.  Rod didn't say one way or the other and he took off as soon as he finished eating, so I will have to ask him later.  This recipe was so easy.  I LOVE crock pot recipes that are ready after church.  
Crock Pot Chicken
2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used tenderloins)
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese (let sit out to soften)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg. italian dressing seasoning (the dried kind in the packet)
rice

Stir the cream cheese, cream of chicken, and seasoning together in the crock pot.  I softened the cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds since I forgot to set it out.  Place chicken in and cover with the mix.  Cook on high 4-6 hours or until the chicken is cooked and fall-apart-tender. 

Cook the rice in a pot and smother with chicken mixture! The italian seasoning is the secret ingredient! So yum!

And what I loved most about both these recipes, is that they both used ingredients I already had on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment