Last week while Courtney and I were goofing off and playing, Rod and Michael along with several others from our church were doing some serious mission work. Since I was not there to be the official photographer this year, Michael used his iphone to document their work.
The concrete church sign was built in 2009 and still looks good
The church building
Sunday morning worship
Most of the work was focused on sister Lupina's home which has five generations living under one roof. Lupina is a widow and probably the most needy of all the members in the Belmopan congregation.
The lean-to on the side of Lupina's home was torn down. This is where Lupina cooks her meals over an open fire
A concrete slab was poured
rain does not stop these guys
The next day, wood was purchased to frame Lupina's new kitchen/cook area
Lupina also needed a new bathroom, so some of the men that live in the house dug a new hole
Metal pieces were put in place to finish out the job
Lupina in her new addition
Brother Morro killed this snake - yikes!
Leann taught ladies Bible class each night
I missed going to to Belize this year, and seeing all the sweet little kiddo's that I have grown so fond of, but I know that the group that went this year did an awesome job! It is such a great work that we do there!
and just for fun....
FLASHBACK 2009:
and just for fun again...
FLASHBACK 2010:









































No comments:
Post a Comment