Today was the big day. The day I turned 40!
And while my mom still thinks of me as this age
and I think of myself as this age
the reality is I am this age!
And just in case anyone that came in the office today didn't know - they do now!
My tricky co-workers (Vicky, Jenny and Cissy with help from others I am sure) decorated my office after work yesterday. I was at a clients office most of the day yesterday, and now I KNOW why they were so anxious for me to go straight home when I left there, and not come back by the office. They got me good!! They took my office chair away, and gave me a wheel chair, a cane, an Over the Hill Survivor kit, TONS of black balloons and streamers, an Over the Hill pin to wear ALL day, along with lots of other decorations. They did a great job of making me feel OLD! I was actually only at the office for about an hour this morning before I headed back to a client to finish their month end and deal with picky auditors all day. I thought I could get by with leaving my pin in the car - but NO, they called out to the clients office to make sure I had my pin on. So, I had to go back to the car and get my pin to wear. All day.
I got back in time this afternoon in time for some delicious cake from Girls and Cake
My mom sent me a balloon arrangement attached to a candle
It is 11:15pm as I type this - so technically, I am still 39 for thirty more minutes since I was born at 11:45 pm.














No comments:
Post a Comment