After I left the hospital, I went to the golf course with Courtney. She has her first tournament on the 28th, and is needing to practice as much as she can before then.
She missed a few fairways
She thought she should 'lay' up on the water holes, rather than try to drive them.
Lining up a putt
Putting for dough. I've always heard the saying "Drive for show, putt for dough."
I really wish I could help her with her golf game. But I just don't know that much about it. All I can really say is good job, or you will do better on the next hole. She kept asking me what club she should use, and I always answered with the 7 iron. She said you meant such and such, and then would pull the club she wanted to use. Rod has tried to teach me to play a time or two, but lost patience and was ready to take me home after 3 or 4 holes.
Aubree wanted to play Monopoly junior when we got home. Somehow, over the years, the money has disappeared. So we just rolled the dice and raced our cars around the board. I played this a couple of weekends a go with my nephew, Hudson, and he made up his own rules. Which changed to his benefit as the game progressed. I love him! :)
Autumn told me at church that she wanted to "go to my house" and I thought that sounded like a good plan. I know the mommas don't like it when the kids invite themselves over, but I love it! I have been wanting to see Gnomeo and Juliet, and knew that my 18 and 16 year olds wouldn't want to go see it.....so, since I had a 7 year old and a 4 year old for the afternoon, I took advantage of the opportunity to go see the movie! And it was great!
I tried a new recipe for lunch. I was going to post the recipe on here, but it wasn't that great. It was a casserole with crab meat. We LOVE seafood, and I really tried to like, but just couldn't. Good thing I cooked popcorn shrimp and some sides to go with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment