2.25.2011

Ladies Night Out - February 2011

Every month, we have a Ladies Night Out at church. This month, Nancy Ballard and Leann Mitchell were the hostesses, and WOW, did they an OUTSTANDING JOB!! It was a a tea party theme and everything was just wonderful.


They had the tables decorated with flowers and teapots, and some cards that had teapot sayings or poems on them. Very cute! And Leann read a little story about a tea pot, and how God has molded and made each of us. Nancy, Leann and Kelli must have worked for days to prepare all the wonderful food we had.
Goldie, Vivian, Lucille and Jo We had peach soup, (which is a cold soup and so awesome - it tastes kind of like a peach smoothie) a frozen fruit salad cup, chicken curry sandwich, egg salad puff, shrimp cucumber, a ham roll up, salmon mousse cups, and my favorite - stuffed tomatoes! Lots of girlie foods and it was all delicious!! We also had an awesome dessert plate which I didn't get a picture of. It had two types of cheesecake, scones and a chocolate almond bar. There was so much food most of us had to get to go boxes!
Of course all Court ate was the ham roll-ups (she snuck several off of other plates) and some dessert, but she enjoyed the evening just as much as anyone. She looks forward to Ladies Night Out as much as I do, and that makes this momma proud.
Venita & Courtney
When I got home from work yesterday, I baked a cake for a co-worker before heading to Ladies Night Out. I was brave, and depended on my son and husband to take the cake out of the oven since it was not done before I left. I wanted to be sure and have the cake cooled and ready to ice when I got home from Ladies Night Out. We usually order our office birthday cakes from A Piece of Cake, but I was asked to make this one. So I tried to copy a cake that my friend Melanie posted on her blog for her son's birthday. This cake was for Hunter, who has worked with us for about a year and a half, and is finishing up his masters degree. Hunter likes to hunt (guess it goes with name) so I made a camouflage cake with no other than hunter orange to give it a little color.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment