2.07.2011

Super Bowl Sunday Supper Club Party

Every Sunday night, a big group of us from church will go out and eat, usually at Tamollys. So, since last night was Super Bowl Sunday, we decided to have the group come over our house to eat finger foods and watch the Super Bowl. As I am sure you all know, it was the Green Bay Packers vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers. I really didn't care who won. But I stuck with the Green Bay Packer theme for the cookies and the cupcakes just because I thought green icing would look better than black icing on every one's teeth :) I think we counted up a total of 25 that came over to eat and watch the game. Several of the families couldn't make it due to various reasons: sickness, school, living 4 hours away....

As usual Rod made fun of my cookies. Said the flags looked like tepees, and the helmets looked like apples. Of course that was before they were decorated. So I asked an expert, Butler Mathews (age 4), what the helmet looked like. First guess was a snowman, but second guess was a helmet! Yay!
Football cupcakes
Mel brought over the cutest football brownie!
I still haven't quite found the best system for everyone to get their food when we have a a group over. Seems like I need just a little more counter top. I was going to make green and yellow pom pom decorations, but couldn't find the right color green. So I only had yellow. I really meant to take those down before everyone go there.
The VIP tableRod and Earl. Keith is hiding behind the floral arrangement.
Scott was all smiles
I was so glad that Michael, Dolly and Chyanna were able to come. They have all been sick the past several weeks.
The girl table
Erin & Chyanna
Courtney cheesing
Benton and Ryan
Benton and Butler enjoyed riding on the pillows Earl was not impressed by the half time show. He said we weren't doing a very good job protecting our borders if we let them people into Texas. Ha! Keith's comment during the half time show was "That's a far cry from Johnny Cash". Love it!
This group seemed to enjoy the half time show a little more. At least the part where Fergie sang
"Sweet Child of Mine" with Slash
A super bowl party just isn't a super bowl party without a good wrestling match.
Four boys down, One girl standing :) Butler refueling before his next match
It's really not fair two college kids gangin up on a 4 year old
We really enjoyed having every one over, and I think every one had a good time - or I hope so anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment