2.27.2011

Birthday, New Dog, Youth Devo

Saturday was Caleb's 19th birthday! Caleb was 9 when Rod and I got married, and it is so hard for me to believe that our kids are growing up. Seems like just yesterday I was making them body paint and they were running around every where in their underwear and paint, pretending to be Indians. I am glad they don't do that anymore, but I miss them be little!!

Caleb is into the roping and rodeo thing, so I tried decorating his cake similar to the logo of his favorite rope. Since I knew I couldn't do a horse, that is all I really could think of.

I cooked him his favorite meal - smothered steak, mashed potatoes, corn, salad and rolls. Only I didn't get the memo that he wouldn't be here, so we had to eat it without him. I guess I will have to make it again sometime soon.
the birthday boy and his cake
Friday, Michael brought home a new addition to our family. A weimaraner named Gus (short for Agustus McCrae from Lonesome Dove I think)
He is getting to stay in the house right now, since he is so little (but almost has big as Beasley, our wiener dog) and so CUTE!
Look at those blue eyes!
I took Gus outside to meet Beasley and Dottie. They didn't quite know what to think of him. They decided they would guard their doghouse and let me know there was no room for him. Goofy dogs! They each have their own house, but sleep in the same one.
Tonight after services, Lanny and Amy had a devo for the youth at their house. Amy made white chili and cornbread which was delicious!


Cookies and ice cream for dessert!
After we ate, we all gathered around and sang some songs. Michael was trying to get the songs to come up on his laptop so they would project on the wall.


This weekend really seemed to fly by to me! I can't believe it is already over! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment