2.01.2011

-1 Below

Today has been a blisterly cold day!!  As I type this, it is 15 degrees outside, with a windchill of -1 degree!!  That is cold!!!  And although I worked from home today, and didn't have to get out it, I did have to struggle to keep warm since our heatpump is messing up!  It was 64 degrees when we got up this morning, and I thought maybe it was just because it was so cold outside.  But when it got down to 60 degrees, I knew something wasn't right.  So, I called service repairman, and luckily, he was able to come right away.  He had to replace a board which was bad on our inside unit.  He said he couldn't do anything to the outside unit until it warms up to the mid to high 30's - which won't be until Friday! So, $300 and 6 hours later, it is still only 68 degrees in our house - downstairs that is.  Court's room is on a seperate unit, and it is working fine.

Who makes their daughter go out and check the mail on freezing day like today?  Um..I do.  Actually, I didn't make her.  She volunteered to.  And I thought it was a great idea.
Courtney's room was nice and toasty.  So after the dogs had their baths, they wanted to stay up there. 
Until it was time for their fashion show.  I am sure they are ready for it warm up so they can go back to being outside dogs.
But even after it warms up, we have to fix what the wind did to our fence before they can go back outside

Michael and Caleb trying to keep warm while they took over the TV to watch some boring Western.  The cold doesn't bother Rod.  Sometimes I think he is half eskimo.  At least they were kind enough to tape the Good Wife for me.  Which I should be watching right now.
A couple of the schools around here are out tomorrow.  Prairiland goes in at 10am, so Courtney is glad she will get to sleep in again.  And Paris Junior College starts at 9am.  That is just a 35 minute delay for Michael and Caleb's first class.  I don't know about you, but I am ready for some SPRING weather!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm ready for Spring, too!
    Poor Dottie...she didn't look like she was enjoying the weather day...lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep them coming! Really enjoyed it. Yes, it's cold out, so glad I have a fireplace right now! We've got lots of snow now, I'm sure we'll be playing in soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete