12.30.2011

Drawing and Office Party

For the second year in a row, the Lamar County Chamber of Commerce has put on a "Shop Local" campaign.  Many of the local businesses participate.  For every $10 you spend at the participating businesses, you get receive a ticket.  And one lucky person wins $10,000!  I just knew it was going to be me this year.  I made a spreadsheet of all my tickets, and had them all listed in numerical order.  But unfortunately, they didn't call my number.  The winning number was not anywhere close to any of the numbers I had.  Maybe next year....

I talked Michael into going to the drawing with me.  Here we are with the winning number behind us.
Several of my friends from work that came to watch me win.  I sure hated to disappoint them.  Well maybe they came hoping they would win.
Terence & Neta Painter
 Dale and Vicky Gordon (Avery's grandparents)

 Barry and Cissy Diamond with their grandson, Parker
 The Thursday before Christmas we had our office Christmas party.  We all brought finger foods and had an ornament exchange.  I was in charge of decorations.  I put the tissue pom poms to use, again.  It was the 3rd party for some of the pom poms, so they were ready to retire afterwards.  And then I just confiscated different co-workers decorations they had in their office for the table centerpieces.

Jackie was LUCKY and got #1
 And it really didn't matter if we liked the ornament Paul got or not - who is going to "steal" from the boss?
 Laura was not too afraid to steal Jackie's snowman
 Kim got to open several gifts because each one she opened would get stolen
 Wanda (Avery's great grandmother) came to join the fun.  She usually only works with us during tax season, which will be here soon enough.  Speaking of, I had a client come in today (December 30th) asking when his W-2's would be ready.  Really?  Next week the phone will be ringing like CRAZY!
 
Harlon and Jackie
 
Hunter and Britney
The best thing was, when this party was over, no work for four days!

No comments:

Post a Comment