I still have several Christmas parties that I need to blog about, but first I want to give my baby girl some birthday love. I can't believe Courtney is 17 years old today!! Seems like just yesterday I was bringing her home from the hospital. She decided to get here early on that Christmas morning at 4:07 am (about 4 hours after I went into labor). Courtney was born on the same day as my great-grandmother, Ida Mae (Posey) Deshong. Mama Deshong died at the age of 93, a year and a half before Courtney was born. Courtney is named after my grandmother, Virginia Elizabeth (Deshong) Bell.
We normally celebrate Courtney's birthday around the first of December, but the last couple of years we have celebrated after Christmas. We will probably do something special this week - if she will ever tell me what she wants to do. And I did something this year that I have NEVER done in all of her years and something I said I would NEVER do....I wrapped her birthday present in Christmas paper! Oops! But the paper was red with white polk-a-dots, so it really could have easily been birthday paper too.
Courtney Elizabeth - 2 weeks old
5 months old
1 year old (and one of my favorite pictures of her)
3 years old
5 years old
Wonder World in San Marcos
5 years old
Disney World - I love this picture :)
back when I was still sort of cool, and she thought it was fun to hang out with me
oh the Glamor Shot days...ha
NASA Space Center in Houston, with a very young looking Rod
7th grade
the 2007 Cotillion
Carrie Underwood concert when we lived in Arkansas
Sophomore year
Snorkeling off the coast in Belize
Regional Golf tournament last year
and the MVP girls golf award
And today....
Happy Birthday to sweetest most thoughtful daughter. I am BLESSED to be your mother. I love you to the moon and back Courtney Elizabeth!





No comments:
Post a Comment