1.05.2012

Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011 started Christmas Eve night with us going to my parents house for Christmas.  Some of my cousins wanted to have an "ugly" Christmas sweater theme.  Which would have been great - if we had not already done that. But it was fun to see different ugly sweaters :)

Most of my pictures will be blurry - as I mentioned in a past post, I dropped and broke my favorite little Canon Power Shot camera.  I loved that camera because it was small enough I could slip into my pocket, plus it took decent pictures.  So I dug out an old ancient Kodak camera I had tucked in a drawer.  Big and bulky and not too cool.  Hopefully I will replace my Canon soon.

Michael, Granny, Courtney and Poppy
Oh yeah, and I woke up with pink eye Christmas Eve morning so I was stuck wearing my glasses - which are several prescriptions too weak.  Luckily, I have Dr. Surber's (actually his wife's) cell phone number and was able to have some antibiotic drops called in to the pharmacy :)
Barbara, in the blue sweater, was the winner
Natalie and Jack - too cute!
Rodney and Hudson
Courtney got a pair of "texting" gloves
Becky and I
Seth said I was the coolest Aunt ever since I got him the new Planet of the Apes movie :)
After we left my mom's house, we came home for more Christmas.  Avery and her mom came over so Avery could open her presents.
Avery made her mom and her Memaw a reindeer painting.  The reindeer are Avery's feet, and the red nose is her thumb print.  I found this idea on Pinterest.
My crew
I think Courtney and Michael enjoyed Avery's toys as much as she did :)
We then opened all of our presents from each other.  Michael did ALL of his shopping in the college bookstore.  We all got Freed Hardeman t-shirts!
Courtney was excited about her new Toms
Rod gave a little devo on giving - and how it is better to give than to receive
After we all finished opening presents, it was time to prepare for Christmas Day.  I had quite a few things to make, so I recruited some help.  Courtney and Michael did an awesome job of putting the green bean bundles together for me.
I had a cake to bake and decorate
Since the kids are older, Santa only brings stockings.  Which is full of all kinds of fun things and gift cards.  The gift cards really seem to be a hit!  
After church on Christmas day, we headed over to my MawMaw's for lunch. 
Posing for the camera
Not posing
My cousin Teri and her husband Waymon
My brother Jeffrey and his wife Vicki
My cousin Kathy and her husband Larry
My cousin Cameron, his wife Miranda, my Uncle David and Aunt Denise and cousin Daniel
My cousin Staci and her husband Matt, and kids Makynzi and Anderson
My cousin Tyler and his wife Brittany
And my babies with my MawMaw
And I finally pinned Rod down for a picture once we got home!
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and was able to spend it with loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment