7.04.2011

Horizons Camp - Day 2

Today started the first full day of classes, so the kids were busy all day.  Rod and I decided to take a road trip north to see some dear friends, Molly and Ryan Turner.  Molly's family is from South Fulton Tennessee, about 80 miles from Henderson, and they are up there spending the week.

I have misplaced the cord to my GPS and the battery was dead.  So I googled directions this morning before we left.  And apparently, I am not too great at copying directions down on paper.

It took us making a wrong turn and going here
before coming back to here
to find this little girl and her family
I think she was as happy to see us, as we were to see her :)
And these little rascals too

We ate lunch with the Hatler clan.  I had met one of Molly's brothers before, and her mom many times.  They are just as sweet and nice as Molly is :)
It came a shower while we were eating which cooled things down quite a bit.  78 degrees at 2pm is much better than 100!
When we got back to the campus, Lanny took us on a walking tour.  We have our official visit tomorrow and will talk to Michael's advisor and hopefully get answers to our questions.
The backside of the dorm that Courtney is staying in
Lanny introduced Michael and Rod to Brian Butterfield, one of the professors here,  who was at the tennis courts playing tennis.
And the night ended with an awesome fireworks show!!  I wasn't able to get pictures of all them, but they were as good as the ones we saw in Jackson on Saturday night!
 Cody, Colton, Bryson and Courtney S. watching fireworks
Unfortunately, my Courtney got sick and I had to go back to the room with her right after this picture.  She has problems with acid reflux, and tonight was a bad night.  And of course I left her prescription medicine at home in Texas!  Michael went to the store to get her some over the counter medicine that will hopefully cure the problem.  She is snoozing peacefully now.  I pray that she will wake up feeling 100% in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment