So far, December has been a busy month for us, and I don't think it will slow down anytime soon. We have a lot of things going on this month, but that is the way I like it :) I am about 75% done with my Christmas shopping, so I am feeling good about that. The rest of the things on my list can be found in Paris, so it will be easy to finish - once I find the time to do it.
Courtney has been busy playing basketball. She played in a tournament in Cooper last week. She is #14 in these pictures


When we went to our monthly singing at the nursing home this m
onth, we took gifts to the residents that had been donated by the members of our congregation. The residents were very thankful for their gifts.

Michael and
Lenita taking a resident back to her room with her gift

Ryan saw a word search in one of the
gift bags that he really wanted. I bet Santa will bring him one of his own :)

We had our annual ornament exchange at church this week.
Lenita was #1, and just happened to pick the ornament I took. It was a little Hershey's chocolate bottle with a
Santa hat. Hershey is
Lenita's maiden name. Since she was #1, at the end of the game, she could have chose any ornament she wanted, but she chose to keep the one she opened.

Courtney being a toot and stealing a gift (the one she took)
Makynzi turned 18 on Thursday. She wanted to eat at Chili's, so we all met up there to help her celebrate. Here is
Makynzi, Courtney and Kaitlyn

Becky & my mom

me and Rod

Rodney,
Makynzi, Hudson & Seth

Last night, we had a senior banquet at church for members age 60 an over.
The kids served the seniors a meal and everyone seemed to really enjoy the evening.

The banquet had a candy cane theme. Amy did an awesome job with the decorations.

Melanie had the kids in an assembly line to prepare the salads. They did a great job making some pretty salads too!

Ryan serving Jim's salad to him

Courtney serving Becky's salad to her

Courtney waiting for rolls to be added to the plates so she can serve them

Even Chuck showed up to help. Turns out, he is a pretty good dishwasher.

Michael and Evan pretending they are on a cooking reality show. They took their jobs seriously.

Dessert was a choice of chocolate chip pound cake or sugar free lemon cake


Rod helped too. If only I could get him to do this at home?

After everyone finished eating, there was a game of "Christmas Family Feud"

Courtney is babysitting the Phillips children today, so Tiffany can do some Christmas shopping. She will be babysitting the Painter kids this evening while they go to the Kimberly Clark Christmas party, so she has a pretty busy day lined up.

Courtney and baby Jack

Autumn and Aubree

I offered to feed Jack for Courtney while she ate, but she wanted to.

This has been one long post, and if you are still reading this, I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment