11.29.2010

Ladies Night Out

Once a month, the ladies from church get together for Ladies Night Out. I always look forward to this night each month. Sometimes we will go out to eat at a restaurant, sometimes we will have it in the fellowship hall at the church building, and sometimes we have it in someones home. My very favorite one was a few years ago, when Nancy had us in her home and we played games. That was so much fun! This month, Mandy and I signed up to host. We chose a Gingerbread theme and it turned out really cute. We served Taco Soup and had Gingerbread cookies and cupcakes for dessert.
This is a minature Gingerbread cake a made. I made cupcakes with the rest of the batter.
The cookies. Only 9 of them were actual gingerbread. The others were sugar cookies in gingerbread shapes. I had made the gingerbread ones on Saturday evening, and then on Sunday I walked by and knocked the plastic bowl off the counter onto the floor. They all broke except for 10, one of which broke while I was decorating. So Rod and the kids are enjoying a ziplock bag full of gingerbread pieces. I wonder if they placed that bowl on the edge on purpose? hmm.... So Sunday afternoon I baked more cookies, but used sugar cookie dough.
Emily, Patti, Mandy, Vivian and Sandra



I think everyone had a good time, and I loved having everyone over! Courtney, Hailey and Hannah read the following "Gingerbread Girl Prayer"
Gingerbread Girl Prayer
Dear Lord, Put in me the right ingredients that best reflects Your love. Don't let me allow the world to seep into my life.
Dear Lord, Bake me with Your love and bring me through the heat and trials of your choosing so that I'm fit for Your service. Let me rely on Your strength so that I won't crumble and fall apart.
Dear Lord, give me eyes to see the needs of others instead of my own. Help me see with Your compassion.
Dear Lord, Give me a nose to tell the difference between what the world offers and what Your Word says. Help me to know right from wrong.
Dear Lord, Give me arms and hands to give and work for Your glory. Help me to uplift others when they need it most.
Dear Lord, Give me legs and feet to follow You. Help me spread the news of Your word and wonderful gift of life that You offer us.
Dear Lord, Give me the sweet smelling aroma of Your love so that others may know I'm Your child.
Dear Lord, Decorate me with Your love and make my life beautiful for You.
In Jesus name I pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment