12.12.2010

Youth Christmas Devo

Tonight we hosted a youth devo for our youth group at our house. Everyone brought a gift for a gift exchange. We also had a mystery game called "Who kidnapped Rudy Reindeer." At church this morning, I gave each person their "character" for the game, so when they got here tonight they would know who they were. It was sort of like a murder mystery game, but it was a kidnapping instead of a murder. The game was a HUGE hit, and it was hilarious to watch. I think everyone had a good time just being together.

I was running short on time this afternoon and was needing some help about the time Rod came walking through the kitchen. He asked me what he could do to help, so I gave him the option of unloading the dishwasher, or putting sprinkles on the cupcakes as I iced them. Much to my horror, he chose helping with the cupcakes. And since he was willing to help, I didn't say anything about the mexican flag or his initials on the cupcakes. I did try to fix them after he left, but some of them just couldn't be fixed. Most of the ones he decorated are on the bottom layer.
These are the few that I put the sprinkles on
Rod kicking off the mystery game of who kidnapped Rudy
After the first round of clues, it was time to eat
Mandy and me
Everyone was going around asking questions trying to figure out just exactly what was going on

Since Rod and Chuck were not playing, they were first to eat

Finally, the kids started to eat. Here is Colton who played the Gingerbread man.

Amy and baby Benton
Round 2 of clues came as everyone finished up eating
Mandy and Butler
Chuck and Benton chilling Rod enjoying the festivities
Finally, round 3 revealed who the kidnapper was: Prisser the Reindeer (aka Courtney)
Then it was time for the gift exchange

Butler joined in on the fun

All the kids seemed to really have a good time, and I enjoyed getting everything ready for tonight. I think this is my last holiday party to host this season, unless Rod will let me get another one together :) If not, I guess the Superbowl party will be our next one.
It is almost midnight so I better get in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment