8.02.2013

A Day at the Zoo

Rod only gets one Saturday off a month, so we decided to stay the night in Dallas after the Ranger game and take advantage of his day off.  I went on Priceline.com and found us a room at the Westin (4 stars) for $55.  I love getting bargains on Priceline.  I was trying to get a room in the Arlington/Grand Prairie area.  And Priceline told me that if I would increase my bid by $5, I would more than likely get a room in that area.  But did I? No! Why? Because I am a bit stubborn at times.  So, we had to drive a little further (almost to Richardson) to save $5.  I am sure we used more than $5 in gas.  Lesson learned.

Saturday morning we got up and headed to the Dallas Zoo.  I love going to the zoo.  Rod has not been to the zoo with me since we first got married.  And that was the zoo in Wichita, KS, while we were visiting his mom.  He really enjoyed it, but I think our little curly headed friend enjoyed it the most!
 Just like Dora, we have to ask the map for directions when we don't know which way to go.
  We saw some penguins ...
sat on an elephant...
 looked at some real elephants...
petted the giraffe...
 made friends with the cheetah...
 tickled the lion...
 checked out the gorilla...
 got ate by the alligator...
 watched some animal tricks...
 played in the water...
 petted a goat...
 checked out the emu's...
 rode the train...
 rode the merry go round...
and slept all the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment