Well, this past weekend has been a much anticipated weekend around our house for several months - we made the 450 mile trip to Henderson, TN for Michael to attend Freed Hardeman University this semester. I was dreading it, while Michael was looking forward to it.
We were busy Friday getting everything ready for his departure. On Friday night, my brother (who was not able to attend the hamburger cook out) and my sister-in-law and nephews stopped by to see Michael off.
Michael, Rodney, Hudson and Seth
Courtney and her friends were heading out to the movies, so they stopped to pose for a picture with Michael before they left.
Courtney, Charlie, Michael and Jaci
Becky was giving Michael the standard talk: Don't pick up hitch hikers, don't stay out late, call your momma, etc.
We left around 6:30 on Saturday morning. I drove the Tahoe with Michael while Rod and Courtney were in the car ahead of us. I thought that Michael and I could have a nice mother/son chat bonding time on the 7 hour drive north. But he had other plans.
We arrived around 2:30, but by the time we checked in and finished up with Financial Aid, it was close to 5pm before we started moving him into his dorm. His room mate had left to go eat, so we did not get to meet him. I did meet Michael's suite mate, Taylor, who was a very nice boy from Milan, TN. I waited until Taylor left before I got my camera out (for which Michael was thankful).
Michael is staying in Benson Hall, which is pretty much right in the middle of campus. He will be close to chapel, the library and all his classes.
I am going to miss him while he is at school, and I am thankful for the 19 years, 2 months and 10 days that I had him at home. But I know that this is going to be an awesome experience for him and I am excited for all that is in store for him. I could not be more proud of him!






No comments:
Post a Comment