Teeing off
The team practicing together. In tournaments, they don't play in the same group - they play with players from other schools
Kastley got tired, and needed a little lift. I felt a little overdressed on the golf course, but with it being Sunday, all I had time to change was my shoes in between church services.
Shelby McCoin, Sidney Reagan, Coach Flynn, Courtney, Hailey and Kastley Greer
Coach Flynn going over the tournament rules and giving a pep talk before everyone separated
Courtney and Kastley
Putting practice. We maybe should have spent a little extra time here. Her score on both days would have improved tremendously if she could have made more putts. Rod was telling her "drive for show, putt for dough"...ha She has no problem with her long game, it is her short came that needs some attention. She out drove every girl in her group on almost every hole.
Courtney and Hailey were the last two to tee off from Prairiland, so they decided to sit in the cart while they could
First hole of the tournament
It makes for a LONG day walking 18 holes for these girls. It takes about 6 hours to play the whole course. I walked on Monday with them, but Tuesday I invested in a cart.
Fairway shot
Lining up a putt
It got to almost 100 degrees both days!
Courtney shot a 105 on Monday, which was the best score for Prairiland. She tied for 27th place out of 91 girls for Day 1.
Proud dad!
Day 1 score card
Rod had to be back at work on Tuesday, so he had to leave Monday night. She didn't want him to go.
We went back for Day 2 of the tournament on Tuesday. I gave her a pep talk before she teed off on the first hole. But my advice mainly consisted of "remember what all Rod told you, and do that" I don't know much about golf, other than how to keep score. And the lower the score the better.
Monday, she was the only one in her group with a pink ball, so it was easy to spot. Tuesday, there was another girl in her group that had a pink ball, but it was a lighter pink.
Another team photo: Courtney, Kastley, Sidney, Shelby, Hailey and Coach Flynn
Courtney did better on Tuesday with a score of 103 - my pep talk must have worked :). Kastley had the best score on Tuesday with a 100! Courtney had the best two day tournament score for Prairiland with a 208. Way to go Courtney!! Kastley had a 212, Sidney, 218, Shelby 219 and Hailey 220. The team finished in 5th place out of 16 teams. Way to go Lady Pats!! Only 1st and 2nd places get to advance to state, so this is the end of the high school golf season for this year. Courtney has mentioned maybe playing in some tournaments this summer for the Red River Valley Junior Golf Association.
The girls were absolutely worn out after 3 days of golf!
I really don't see how this could be comfortable.
I'm anxious to find out what Courtney's overall rank for the tournament was. We left before they had that out, but her Coach will have it when gets back (he stayed down there for the boys tournament). All the girls did a great job and I am proud of everyone of them! Courtney thinks she deserves a hamster now...yikes!






No comments:
Post a Comment