1.18.2011

Hockey at AA Center

My eight year old nephew, Hudson, loves hockey. This is his first year to play - and he is on a team out of McKinney. My brother and sister-in-law drive him over to the Dallas area every weekend for practice and or a game. Once a season, they have a opportunity to play at the American Airlines Center, on the same ice that the Dallas Stars play on. This is a pretty big deal to an eight year old boy! I have only been able to go to one other game of his, and it was more like a scrimmage game with drills. So I was pretty excited about getting to watch him play a real game.
All of the players came out of the Star at the side. Hudson is #4
Hudson ready for action
Seth wasn't too interested in watching his brother play, he thought it would be more fun to play games on his ipod
My brother was secretly hoping Hudson would be put in the penalty box - so we could get pictures of course :)
Michael, Courtney, Seth Makynzi and Rodney
I am pretty sure #4 is the best 8 year old hockey player - ever
Seth and me
Notice Rod - in the middle of this picture. He must not have taken a bath.
Hudson is in the middle on the back row, sporting his new sport glasses
He didn't stink too bad....
I didn't really know much about hockey until this game. I did learn what a Zamboni was. It is that yellow and black truck-like vehicle in the back ground.
Hudson was full of energy after the game
Hudson with his favorite aunt :)
I hope to be able to go to a couple more of Hudson's games this year, but am definitely glad I was able to make this one since it was a big deal to Hudson - and the one he had been looking forward to the most. He is playing goalie in his next game!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad y'all came!
    Hudson loves playing hockey & was so excited to be playing at the AA Center!!

    ReplyDelete