8.24.2010

Pork Tenderloin

When I was thinking about starting this blog up, I thought about what I would post on it. Then one night as I was flipping through the TV channels, I saw that "Julia and Julia" was on. I went to the theaters to watch this movie when it came out, and really enjoyed it. So tonight I will do like Julia did on the movie, and post a recipe. This recipe is one of my family's favorites and is requested on a regular basis. I got this recipe off of Paula Deen's website. It's easy and SO good!!!



Marinade:

1/2 cup soy sauce
2 oranges, juices ( I used clementines)
1 lime, juiced
1/2 cup tamarind (I have no idea what this is, and have never been able to find any - so I just skip it)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon chopped scallions

1 pork tenderloin
Olive oil, for brushing



Combine marinade ingredients in measuring cup and stir to combine. Place the pork tenderloin in a large bowl and pour marinade over the tenderloin. Cover tightly. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.


Preheat outdoor grill or oven to 350 degrees F.



Remove pork tenderloin from marinade and pat dry. Brush olive oil onto grill and over meat for extra flavor. Reserve marinade. Grill tenderloin until cooked through, about 30 minutes to 40 minutes over medium heat. Or roast in oven for 35 to 45 minutes. Allow meat to rest about 10 minutes before cutting into 2-inch serving pieces.

While meat is grilling, bring reserved marinade to a boil in a small saucepan, then lower the heat and gently simmer until it is reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Stir occasionally. Drizzle a small amount of marinade over each piece of meat.

I forgot to take a picture of this after I took it out of the oven. I usually serve with mashed potatoes, corn and a green salad. It would also be good over rice and with some steamed vegetables.












































1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful! I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete