Brother Morro and his wife live a couple of miles outside of Belmopan and have several acres. I can't remember how many he said they had? But quite a few. One afternoon, he invited us out to his place to show us around. This was my second trip to their home. The last time I went to Belize we had a home Bible study with Sister Morro.
Brother Morro led us around and showed us all the different plants and trees that he had.
Sister Morro said she planted these flowers one time, and each year they just spread and spread. I have these exact flowers in one of my flower beds. I don't know what they are called, but I think they are so pretty!
We tasted some things along the way. This is some sort of root that Erin is tasting. It is sort of like a potato.
The Morro's had several of their grandchildren visiting. She is so cute!
Love this pic of the kids on the log
And whatever Michael is doing right here, is what we think sent us to minor emergency for a shot and three prescriptions when we got back home. He is cracking open a cashew nut, which has a lot of oil in it. We think he had the oil on his hands and then touched his face and had an allergic reaction, which was made worse when he shaved and then rubbed lotion all over his face.
Tasting more stuff...
Brother and Sister Morro are very good Christian people and are very hard workers. I am so thankful to know them. And so very thankful they had us out to their home. Definitely one of my favorite parts of the trip.










No comments:
Post a Comment