Our 6th annual fall retreat was the first weekend in October. It was a unanimous decision to go back to Pegasus Ranch. It is the perfect place for families and there is something for everyone to do!
I arrived around 3pm to get everything unloaded and start getting things ready for the weekend. This is something I love to do! Not long after I arrived, David and Vickie came and helped me get things ready. The first order of business, was to hide the drum set. Last year, we kept trying to hide the drum sticks, but the kids kept finding them. David was kind enough to move the drums into the laundry room before any of the young ones got there, and my (along with everyone else) nerves appreciated it very much!
Friday night we had tacos and all the fixings for supper. For some reason I didn't take may pictures Friday night. That was the easiest Friday night meal we have had yet!
Between 5-6pm, more families started arriving.
Both the play room and game rooms were the hot spots for the kids.
Saturday morning breakfast
I followed this little girl around while she was waiting for her friends to wake up and join her.
The lunch menu was brisket, pulled pork, hash brown casserole, baked beans, salad and rolls
These three were pretty hilarious
Rod and I went for a walk
We kept with our tradition of painting pumpkins

The kids braved the water...
Saturday night supper was hot dogs and leftovers from lunch
SMORES were a hit with everyone!
Lanny set up the projector outside for our Saturday night singing. It was perfect!!
Chuck let us on a Bigfoot hunt. Lucky for us, we didn't find him!
Evan preparing for his Sunday morning lesson
We worshiped at the ranch house before loading up and coming back home
The crew - there were 49 of us there at one time or another: The Richardson's, Mathews, Butlers, Rays, Phillips, Davis Childres', Michael Childres', Newhouse, Jordan's, Gordon's, Buford's, Graves, and Carter's.
Our retreats just keep getting better and better! We had three families that were first timers this year: The Jordan's, the Gordon's and the Buford's. It was so great to have them join us and they had a great time along with everyone else! And it is because of ALL the fun and loving families like these who take time out of their busy schedule, to spend the weekend with like minded Christians, who make this weekend a success!! It was an AWESOME weekend and I can't wait until next year!!





































No comments:
Post a Comment