We had a major ice storm hit us on Thursday night. I was skeptical of the forcast, so boy was I in for a surprise when I woke up Friday morning - to no electricity! And we are all electric - for now anyway. We will be checking into getting a propane insert for our fireplace in the very near future!
Our one little pear tree that we had in our yard...doesn't look good!
We drove around the neighborhood and it looked like a war zone!
The next four pictures are my brothers house. We went over to help them, but they already had it pretty much cleaned up. As I am typing this, they still don't have power :(
These two pictures are from the office where I work.
We met up with some friends Friday afternoon for some pizza, one of the few places open, and then went to see a movie.
We saw Frozen. Since we were pretty much frozen, it was a good choice to see. It was a cute movie. The snowman in the movie was pretty funny.
We were very lucky and our power came back on Friday night. Not everyone in my neighborhood was that fortunate. And I still have several friends and family who are still without power today!
So, if anyone reading this needs a warm place to sleep, a hot bath, or a big bowl of soup, please know you are welcome in our home!














No comments:
Post a Comment