I bought some bananas, that I thought looked pretty good, at the grocery store one day. The very next day when I get up, they were all brown! So I knew I needed to do something fast, or they would just go in the trash. I found this recipe on Pinterest (from Six Sisters Stuff - one of my favorite sites) and we LOVED it!
Tropical Banana Bread
Ingredients:
3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup canola oil (vegetable oil or applesauce can be substituted)
4-5 ripe bananas mashed (about 2 cups)
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1 (8oz) can crushed pineapple, with juice reserved
1 cup powdered sugar
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. In another bowl, mix together the eggs, oil and vanilla. Add in the pineapple, coconut and bananas and stir. Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and mix until they are just barely combined. Don't over mix. Pour the batter into two 8" by 4" greased loaf pans. Bake for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf of bread comes out clean. Let bread cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pans and placing on a wire rack to continue cooling.
In a small bowl, mix together the reserved pineapple juice and powdered sugar. Drizzle over the top of the warm bread and enjoy!
Makes 2 loaves of bread.








No comments:
Post a Comment