This past week was Caleb' 21st birthday and he came down to celebrate it with us. It just seems impossible to me that he is 21. And even more impossible that WE have a 21 year old. And a 20 year old. And a 18 year old. And a 17 year old. CRAZY!
I told Caleb to let me know when he would be coming down and I would bake him a cake and cook him his favorite meal. And he did just as I asked....he let me know at 3pm on Tuesday that he would be down THAT evening around 6:30. So since I have to work until 5pm, that left me going to the bakery to pick up his cake. And his favorite meal is smothered steak and mashed potatoes. I normally cook my smothered steak at a low temperature for at least a couple of hours (or in a crock pot all day). I was able to rush to A Piece of Cake to pick up a cake and to Kroger to get what I needed and get it thrown together in the oven by 6pm. I cooked it for one hour on 400 degrees. And it really wasn't that bad. It wasn't as fall apart tender as it normally is, but it was still pretty good. Or we were just very hungry.
I saw this on pinterest. I didn't have any number cookie cutters, so I had to free hand it...
The birthday boy
Avery was a fan of the mashed potatoes
Just because your 21 doesn't mean you are too old to have Happy Birthday sang to you
Courtney had to work but we saved her a plate for when she got home. And by that time Avery was ready for round 2.
Happy Birthday Caleb. We love you and are very proud of you!













No comments:
Post a Comment