I am still trying to recuperate from prom. Courtney had her junior prom on Saturday night. The junior class is responsible for putting the prom on, so I took off on Friday to help decorate for it. But it really started for me on Thursday, when I started baking cakes for the cake balls. My mom came through for me and was a huge help - she baked 3 of the cakes and then came over Friday night and helped me dip all the cake balls in almond bark. We ended up with a little over 250 cakes balls when we were done Friday night - Red Velvet, Chocolate, White and Lemon.
Just about all day Saturday was dedicated to getting ready for prom - something I really wasn't expecting. Things have changed in the last 20 something years since I went to prom (when I did my own hair, makeup, nails, etc). And with Michael, all I had to do was rent a tux for him and I was done. Not so easy with a girl. We went and had toes done, nails done, hair done, makeup done, pictures made, and by the time we did all of that, it was time for prom. And I helped with the refreshment table at prom, so I was pretty busy while there. And then stayed a while afterwards to help clean up.
But, Courtney had a good time. So that made every bit of it worth it! And, she looked beautiful!
We started Saturday morning at 10am getting our nails done.
And then it was time for Courtney to get her hair done. Courtney wore some clip in extensions that made her hair about 4 or 5 inches longer.
And Shanna helped Courtney with her make up too. Courtney didn't want to have tons of make up like some of the girls (for which I am thankful). Shanna did an awesome job on both Courtney's hair and make up.
Courtney is a nail biter. Which means she didn't have much nail for the french manicure she got. And she decided she didn't like the way her nails looked, so Shanna saved they day and put some polish on Court's nails to tone down the white. Next time, we will plan ahead and have Shanna do Court's nails to begin with.
We had just enough time to run through the drive-thru and get a quick bite to eat. And then it was time to go home and get changed.
Brother and Sister
Courtney and Aaron, her date for prom
Cute couple!
Love this picture!!
Avery made her way in a few of the pictures :)
Courtney and Bailey
Another favorite!
Typical Courtney - on the phone
Avery saying "cheese"
Courtney and BFF Charlie
Courtney, Charlie and Carson
After we went and made pictures, Courtney and Aaron went to a classmates house for a meal (I stole the next few pictures off of Facebook)
Courtney and Kastley
Courtney and Kelby
Prom was at Heritage Hall this year. The theme was "Putting on the Ritz" and we decorated in a twenties theme.
The red carpet and paparazzi
The refreshment table
Lenita let me borrow her chocolate fountain and it was a big hit
Aaron had forgot Courtney's corsage when he picked her up, but they went to his house and got it before prom. Very pretty!
Tyler and Hailey
And just for the fun of it (and because I didn't have a blog 3 years ago) here are some pictures from Michael's junior prom. He took Kelli for his date.





















No comments:
Post a Comment