2.28.2012

Hannah + Jim = Love 4/Ever

This past Saturday, my mom and I gave a bridal shower for my sweet cousin Hannah at my house.  Hannah and Jim will be married in April in Mexico and then will have a reception here in Paris in May.  I really can't believe Hannah is old enough to get married, even though she is 26, all grown up and a wonderful RN.  Seems like just yesterday I was babysitting her and her sister.  Really makes me feel old!  Hannah had a GREAT turn-out at her shower!  I think I counted 30 people, and one or two more may have slipped in after that.

I had fun getting everything decorated for her shower.  I was wanting her to feel extra special.  I had planned on doing more than I did decoration wise, but simply ran out of time.  Rod told me there was such thing as "overkill" and that it looked like a prom.  And he also said my wedding cake cookies looked like Christmas trees.  I think he was just wanting to eat them - which he did.  My mom was a HUGE help in getting all the food ready.  She did most of that while I did the decorated the cupcakes and cookies and finished hanging the decorations.

I made some tissue pom poms and flag banners from scrapbook paper.  I always struggle with decorating my mantle with that unattractive TV on it.
Each guest recieved a votive candle as a party favor
I LOVED Hannah and Jim's engagement pictures and used several of them for decorations.
I purchased some towels off of Hannah's registry and made a towel cake.


 Courtney was a big help decorating...that is her under the blanket on the couch
The dessert table had cupcakes, cake balls, cookies, mints, nuts and strawberry malt balls
The food table had fruit kabobs, veggie cups, chicken salad sandwiches, tortilla roll-ups, cucumber cups and taco dip cups.  I wish I would have got a picture of the whole table with the decorations, but some how missed that


The beautiful bride to be and her mother
Staci, Denise and Hannah
Hannah with two of her childhood friends:  Erica Barnes (who I also babysat a time or two) and Smurf.  Sorry, I didnt' get Smurf's real name, but she expecting a baby boy in May
Very good turn out
Avery even came :)  Avery's mom and my cousin graduated together
We played a game and each guest also wrote down their favorite recipe for Hannah
Courtney had no problem writing down her one and only recipe for the new bride's cookbook
Not just Ramen Noodles, but DELUXE Ramen Noodles.  Not really sure what makes it deluxe though?
Hannah got many, many nice things
I found this cute wreath idea on pinterest.  I would have never thought to spray pain a grapevine wreath!
Congratulations Sherry Hannah Bell soon to be White!  I wish you and Jim a lifetime of happiness.  And maybe around this time next year we can have a baby shower :)  I love you sweet cousin!

No comments:

Post a Comment