11.01.2011

Visit from Tennessee

This past weekend was a weekend I had been looking forward to for a while - Michael FINALLY came home!!  It had been 10 weeks since that very sad day that I abandoned him 400 miles away.  He has been so busy with his new college life, that this was the first free weekend that he had "available" to come home.  It was so nice to have him home - and he brought 5 of his new friends with him!  It as really great to get to meet them.  Four of them were from Tennessee, and one of them was from South Carolina.  And what surprised me the most, was that only one of them had been to Texas before!!  So for four of them, it was their first visit to the great state of Texas.  They all seemed to really enjoy it! 

Kelli was also home for the weekend.  I think this is a great picture of her and Michael.
Eric, Alli, Michael, Keithen, Chelsea and Clay
Michael, Courtney, Granny and MawMaw
Michael and Avery - she loved all the extra playmates she had all weekend!
Sweet brother/sister picture.  I think they might have actually missed each other.
While Michael and friends were here, they visited the Huckleberry and found some items for their dorm rooms.  So it was a lot harder packing up to go back to Tennessee!  And they could not fit it all, so Michael will take the rest when he goes back from Thanksgiving break.
I wasn't ready for them to leave :(  But I am thankful for the time I was able to spend with them, and thankful that they had a safe trip to and from Tennessee!!  Just three more weeks until Michael will be home for a whole week on Thanksgiving break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment