5.28.2011

BLAKE AND REBA!!

We made a road trip to Durant, OK on Wednesday to see Reba McEntire and Blake Shelton at the Choctaw Event Arena (NOT the casino).  Originally, the concert was set for Thursday night.  I was at a clients office when the tickets went on sale, and was not able to get online to purchase them until about 4 hours after they went on sale.  And then they were all sold out!!  But lucky for me, the husband of one of my friends from work, works at a radio station.  She knew how bummed I was about not being able to get tickets.  Her husband called her and said since the tickets sold out so fast, and since it was a benefit concert for the tornado victims, that Reba and Blake decided to come a day early and do TWO shows.  And the added show had not been advertised yet, however the tickets were on sale.  We were able to get tickets on the 3rd row!! My kids absolutely LOVE her!  Michael is probably the only 18 year old with a Reba McEntire CD in his truck.  But the kids mostly love her from her TV series - we watched the reruns so many times when we lived in Arkansas.  It's like that was all that was ever on TV.  Anyway, I hated that the concert was on a Wednesday night, but the great part about being a Christian, is that not matter where you go, you can always find a church to worship at.  And I knew that our preacher had preached a gospel meeting in Durant not too long ago.  So we found out what church it was and attended there before heading to the concert.  The concert started at 7:30, so we knew we would miss the first part.  But to our surprise, it had not started when we got there.  And right when we walked up to our seats, Reba and Blake came out on the stage.  I guess they waited on us...lol 
The red head can SING
Brittany went with Michael
This is not a good quality picture, but you can see Reba up on stage in the background.
I never really have been a Blake Shelton fan, but I have changed my mind!  He was pretty good :)
Jaci went with Courtney
And my mom was my date


I like this picture because it looks like she is looking directly at the camera...ha
Reba and Blake took turns singing songs for a couple of hours, and then we headed home.  It was really a fun time! And for a great cause!!  I heard, from a my friend Lenita, that the concerts raised a total of $500,000 for the tornado relief fund.  That is awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment