3.21.2011

Golfing

I am starting to get behind on my blogging again. I have lots of different pictures on my camera that I need to download and post. Between my mom having surgery last week and then me getting sick with a virus for a couple of days, I didn't have the extra time or energy to blog. I am going to go back a couple of weeks when Courtney got her new driver - a Calloway Diabalo. We took it out to the driving range so she could practice with it before her tournament that next day.

It didn't take her too long to get the feel of it.
And of course Michael had to try it out too
and Rod....
a rare mother/son photo
This past Saturday we went to Webb Hill Country Club in Wolfe City for Courtney to play a practice round before her school tournament today - which was played there. After being sick and stuck in the house for a couple of days, I was so ready to get out and have some fun! Webb Hill is a very tough course to play with lots of hills and blind shots. Courtney rode in a cart Saturday and was worn out before we even got to the 16th hole - it may be partly because she had a friend spend the night and no telling what time they went to sleep. So I was worried about her having to WALK the course today with all of her clubs. The girls do get to use a pull cart which helps. She will definitely sleep good tonight!
Cody spent Friday night with us, so he went to. He plays on the golf team in Broken Bow.
Court did good and did not lose one ball in the water, although there were several close calls with the waters edge
There were TONS of turtles in all the ponds. I never really knew I had a fear of turtles, but seeing so many of them just gave me the creeps for some reason. This picture
only shows a few - there were at least 20 and probably a lot more on this one pond. Of course her ball is pink. Sister needs some sun on those legs!
Cody trying to get out of a pickle
This was a tough shot for Court - uphill. She had overshot the green and the ball rolled down behind it
Cody putting
Rod was the flag boy
Courtney had chased all the turtles back in the water for this shot - she wasn't afraid


It was a beautiful day to be outside and I enjoyed every minute of watching the kids play golf. Court has one more tournament before District, which will be the test to see if they qualify for Regionals. They placed 2nd today. So, if they do that again (or better) in 2 weeks, they will be Stephenville bound :)

No comments:

Post a Comment