Today is my sweet friend Melanie's 40th birthday. A couple of weeks ago, we threw her a surprise party. I was so afraid that I was going to accidentally give it away. I would double check every text and every email I sent out to others regarding the party to make sure I didn't accidentally send to her. But everyone did a great job at keeping the secret from Mel, and I honestly believe she couldn't have been more surprised! She is such a special person and does so much for others, that we wanted to show her just how loved she is!
Amy and I spent a couple of weeks planning and getting the decorations and food lined out.
We put several signs up with fun facts of 1974. A gallon of gas was .53 in 1974!
Evan had the most important job - getting Mel to the church building! And he played his part perfect!
This picture is hilarious to me. It looks like Rod is Elsa off of Frozen, and casting out an ice spell on everyone. He was really just telling everyone about the food table and photo booth. And Mel is still in shock.
Evan didn't even realize it, but he dressed perfectly for the 40th celebration!
The photo booth was a hit!
It was so fun watching everyone dress up with the props and pose for the camera
Mel had several gifts to open
Happy Birthday Mel! I am honored to call you my friend. We love and appreciate you!!








No comments:
Post a Comment