We have been waiting for spring break for a while now since we knew one of our favorite families from the West would be coming to visit. Ryan, Molly, Jackson, Luke and Katie Sue stayed with us on Saturday and Sunday nights. It was so nice to have them back in town - it just felt so normal. Even though we talk/text several times through out the week, we miss them terribly and are ready for them to be back closer.
I made Lasagna and Pesto Chicken
Penne Casserole for supper. I never really know how many I will have for supper on the weekends, so I wanted to make sure I had plenty for anyone that might show up.
Michael and Courtney with Jackson, Luke and Katie

Katie Sue - This little cutie has become VERY talkative :)

After supper, we sat around and visited for a little while. Then Rod, Ryan and Courtney headed to
Prairiland to watch the Varsity girls play softball. Molly and I went and rented a some movies.

Jackson found a train to play with

Our DVD player broke several months ago. And since we don't really watch movies that often, we have just been hooking up one of the kids laptops to the TV to watch movies whenever we had one we wanted to see. Molly and I couldn't figure out how to hook it all up, so we had to wait for Rod and Ryan to get home to help us. Turns out we were missing a cable or something, and couldn't hook it up. SO....for Saturday night, we watched the movie on Michael's laptop. Not the most desirable way to watch a movie - especially when there is 42" sitting on the mantle above it. Rod and Ryan bailed on us before before the movie was over. Molly and I finished it at 12:30 am (1:30 am new time). It didn't seem too late at the time, but when the alarm went off at 7am, it took me more than one "snooze" to crawl out of bed.
Here is a pic of Rod, Molly & Ryan trying to watch the movie on the laptop. Sunday evening after church, we made a quick trip to Wal-Mart to purchase a new DVD player to watch the other movie on. It was much, much better.

The time change didn't make it hard for these little sweeties to wake up. And they thought it was funny trying to wake Courtney up - which is NOT an easy task, even when there is not a time change.

The two who couldn't stay awake to finish the movie, also needed a Sunday afternoon nap. Ryan and his Barbie pillow
This picture is out of order...but as long as I am posting sleeping pictures, I thought I might as well include this one of Michael and Gus. This little puppy has it made.

And when Katie Sue went down for her nap, Rod thought he had better take one too. Not sure why I take so many sleeping pictures - I just can't resist.

Little Ryan spent the afternoon with us too. They played
Wii and then went outside with Michael to hit some golf balls around.

We enjoyed having the Turner's here and were not ready for them to leave. Come back soon please! Preferably,
permanently :)
Yes, permanently!!!
ReplyDelete