3.06.2011

Girls Weekend

Friday evening, Court and I headed to Sherman to meet up with our good friend Molly. Molly had planned a girls weekend a couple of months ago, and Court and I had been counting down the days. Originally, more girls were going to come - but in the end, it was just the three of us for Friday night. Melanie and Erin were going to come on Friday night too, but they got sick on Thursday. Thankfully, they were feeling well enough to come over Saturday morning to shop with us. We had so much fun!! It was fun just being able to spend time together and catch up on everything. And of course the shopping was nice too! :)



This is how the trip started out for Courtney - taking a nap after a long day at school and golf practice. Oh the joys of having a chauffeur. Maybe one of these days, after I TRUST her driving, I will take a nap while she drives. But we have to prove ourself first. Within the first two months of having her drivers license, she has: ran out of gas, had a wreck, and got a speeding ticket!!!! Not starting out too good for little girl.
Molly, Court and me
Court being goofy in Books A Million
Two of Molly's children, Jackson and Katie Sue, spent the night with their grandparents in Bonham. Luke stayed in Quanah with Ryan for his basketball game. Ryan's parents brought Jackson and Katie Sue to Sherman on Saturday afternoon to meet Molly, so we got to see them for a few minutes before they headed back to Quanah.

Courtney and Katie Sue. When Molly told Katie it was time to go, she hung her head and said "RATS!"...lol I felt the same way Katie!!
Courtney and Jackson. I do believe this child has grown six inches since we saw him in January!
Thanks Molly for planning the super FUN weekend!! We will definitely have to do it again!!

A week or two ago Court broke her driver. She had to play in her golf tournament last week with Michael's, and it didn't work out too well for her. We thought maybe Academy Sports in Sherman would have a good one for her. But no such luck. They really only had men's and it wasn't a very good selection. So, late Saturday afternoon, Court and I decided to head south to Plano and go to Golfsmith to find her a new one. You know, since I know so much about golf (not!) But I had Rod on the phone and he told me what to look for and we ended up finding her a good one.

While we were in Golfsmith and Court was trying out the different clubs (which took a while), I texted Susan, who was one of my best friends in high school and now lives in Plano. And it just so happened that Susan and her family were available to meet me and Court for supper. We met Susan, her husband Eddie, and her two super cute kids Vance and Grant at Olive Garden.

Grant - isn't he just the cutest thing! I think he liked me :) Me and Grant
Courtney and Vance. Vance is so CUTE and so FUNNY! He was really shy at first, but by the time we left, I think he would have came home with us if his momma would have let him :)
Me, Grant & Susan
Thanks Susan for meeting us on such short notice!! I loved getting to catch up with you, and FINALLY meet your babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment