Tonight, I made one of my favorite dishes for supper, Stuffed Peppers. My mom use to fix these a lot when I was growing up, and it is still what I usually request when she asks me what I want her to make me for my birthday meal. They are really easy to make and taste really good.
6 large green or red bell peppers
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion (chopped)
1 c. cooked rice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic salt
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
3/4 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut thin slice from stem end of each bell pepper. Remove seeds and membranes and rinse peppers. Place peppers in pan with enough water to cover, and boil about 5 minutes. Drain. Brown ground beef and onion. Stir in rice, salt, garlic salt and 1 cup of the tomato sauce. Stuff peppers with beef mixture. Place in baking dish and pour remaining tomato sauce over peppers. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese, and bake an additional 15 minutes uncovered.
I can't wait to try this--Evan will love them!
ReplyDelete