11.04.2010

Simple Supper

Twice a month, we have a "Simple Supper" on Wednesday nights before church. Several of us take turns signing up to prepare supper, and last Wednesday was my turn. We try to keep simple and easy. In the past I have some of the things I have made are lasagna, king ranch chicken, tacos, and did the easiest of all - ordered pizza. This time, I made some vegetable beef soup, baked potatoes and salad. It was really easy. Since I work full time, I usually make everything on Tuesday night, so all I have to do is heat it up on Wednesday.

I picked Courtney up from school, and then we headed to the church building to get things ready. But she had to do her homework first.

Since it was the Wednesday before Halloween, I thought I would make some scary cupcakes. They are eyeballs in case you are wondering. And I made some chocolate chip cookies for those who couldn't handle eating an eyeball...


I had washed and wrapped the potatoes on Tuesday night, and then placed them in the roaster on Wednesday morning and let them cook on low all day. John Henry and James White were first in line :)

Leann and Frankie fixing their potatoes


I always enjoy Simple Supper Wednesday's - it is nice not having to worry about what you can fix really fast before you head off to church. And you just can't beat it for $2 a person. But the best part is getting to sit down and fellowship with everyone before Bible classes begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment