10.24.2010

Kim + Eric

A couple of weeks ago, I was one of six hostesses who gave a wedding shower for Kim Mitchell and Eric Suddeath. Kim is a very sweet girl! She babysat Courtney for me one summer about 7 years ago. I can't believe she is getting married!! The big day is on New Years Eve - 12/31/10. Kim and Eric are both going to school at Harding in Searcy, AR. Eric will graduate in May of 2011, and Kim in May of 2012.


We thought it would be pretty to make a "cupcake tower" for the shower and top it off with a small cake for Kim and Eric to take home with them. The cake on top turned our really cute! Melanie made it and used fondant icing. She found the cute initial at Hobby Lobby, and used some artificial white roses that I had to complete it. So cute!

We made white cupcakes with white icing, and their initial on each cupcake. Kim has decided to use cupcakes at her wedding reception, rather than the traditional cake.

Joyce, Sandra and Mandy decorated the table which I thought turned out really nice. Kim's colors for her wedding are red and green.


I made a cake out of towels. Bottom layer is bath towels, middle layer is hand towels, and top layer is wash clothes. I tied ribbon around each layer, and put some floral stems in the top.



Lenita surprised Kim (Eric already knew) with a key to their cabin in Colorado for them to honeymoon at. Kim was so excited and very surprised! They had been planning on going to Colorado for their honeymoon, but now they will have free lodging :)


The hostesses with the happy couple:
Mandy, Melanie, Amy, Eric, Kim, me, Joyce and Sandra

Kim and Eric received many nice gifts. Eric is from Amarillo, and they will be going there for Thanksgiving where they will be given 2 more showers.

1 comment: