10.21.2010

Paw Paw 10/21/24-06/18/10

Today would have been my Paw Paw's 86th birthday. My grandmother wanted us all to get together and go out and eat in his memory. So 22 of us (my mom and dad, brothers and sister in law, nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins) all went to his favorite restaurant, Sirloin Stockade. I loved that man dearly, but to this day, I do not know why he like that restaurant so much. Rod's grandfather was the same way. I guess you just have to be older to like it. Maybe someday my kids and grand kids will be wondering why I love La Familia so much.



I pulled my camera out to make pictures tonight, but my battery was dead. So I will share some old pictures.



These are some birthday cookies I made for my Paw Paw just one year ago for his 85th birthday party. He loved having all his family get together - especially when he was the center of attention :) Here he is on his birthday last year opening his cards/gifts.

A picture from Christmas 2009 at Maw Maw and Paw Paw's house
This is the last picture I have of my Paw Paw, at Michael's graduation - and 2 weeks before he passed away.
The following poem was on my Paw Paw's program and it fit him perfect!

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle’s flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
We were lucky enough to call him "Paw Paw!"
Love and miss you Paw Paw!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Crystal. This is beautiful. I especially love the picture of Michael, mother and daddy.

    ReplyDelete