10.03.2010

Catch up!

I have had a busy couple of weeks, and haven't kept my blog up to date. I should be packing/moving right now, but instead I will do a quick run down of the last couple of weeks:
Two weeks ago, I went to my 3rd cake decorating class. We learned to make rosettes and mums. It was fun. Last week would have been my final cake decorating class of the session, but I skipped it to work in our new house. Yes, I am a cake decorating class drop out, but my sister in law graduated. So she will have to tutor me on what I missed during the last class.
Here are some basic flowers that I made during class on my practice board.
I forgot what this flower is called and I have my book packed away - but it was easy to make.

I took my mom to see her heart doctor in Dallas a couple of weeks ago, and my grandmother went along with us. We stopped to eat at On the Border before hitting Target and TJ Maxx. We had a good 'Girls Day Out.'

Last week we became homeowners again. And what is the first thing we do when we buy a new home? Tear it up! The house we bought had tile counter tops, and I wasn't sure how easy that would be to keep clean. The grout was already kind of dingy looking, and I scrubbed and scrubbed with bleach and could barely tell a difference. So we thought it would be easiest to fix it before we moved in.

Rod and Evan beginning to rip out the counter tops

Michael and Caleb had to join in on the fun

I should be getting my new counter tops installed tomorrow.

This past Saturday we had our annual work day at church. Courtney went with me and did a good job helping out. She cleaned lots of windows and blinds. Now, if I can just train her to do that at home!!!

After we finished cleaning up, Mel and I decorated cupcakes for a baby shower on Sunday. Evan even helped us! We had a lot of fun decorating together, and I can't wait until we do it again in a few weeks for a wedding shower!

After our busy morning at the church building, we went to our new house to work. They delivered my new furniture, but since we still had some drywall repair and paint to do, I had them leave it in the plastic so it wouldn't get messed up.
Michael, Molly and Courtney testing out the new kitchen chairs


Mandy working hard. We took down the border that was in the kitchen. It took myself, Mandy, Molly, Melanie and Rod all taking turns working on it to get it down. It was not a fun process.

Sunday was the baby shower for Heather. I made a Texas A & M themed diaper cake to give to her as a gift.
The cupcakes Mel and I decorated for the sports themed baby shower
I am off tomorrow and Friday. I am working on packing/moving tomorrow. And Friday we head north of Broken Bow for a church retreat. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment