Here is our instructor, Luann, demonstrating how to ice a cake with the icing tip. SO much easier than using a spatula!
9.15.2010
Lesson 2 - Cake Decorating Class
Last night was lesson 2 of the cake decorating class I am taking. We each took an undecorated cake, along with 2 batches of icing. It was so much better than last week when all we got to do was make stars on cookies. I made a couple of mistakes on my cake, but I learned from them, so next time should be a lot better.
This is make cake after I iced it, but before I smoothed it. The trick is to let the icing set up, and then use either waxed paper or a paper towel to smooth the lines out.
Becky with her cake in North Lamar colors. I am sure Seth and Hudson loved that when she got home :)
And my cake. I messed up on the blue part of the cupcake, but learned from my mistake so hopefully I will get it right next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment