11.30.2013

Thankful Thanksgiving 2013

Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday!  A special time to be with family and friends.  And to be thankful for all of our blessings (although I try to be thankful for my many blessings every day).  I was so happy when Michael arrived home safely last Friday night.  That seven hour hour drive with him alone always makes me nervous.

Saturday morning we made a stop to see the sweetest woman on Earth.  My Mawmaw is a very special lady and I am so very thankful for her!  I hadn't seen her since I carried her to the doctor last month.  And Michael hadn't seen her since August.
Monday afternoon I came home from work and found this on my couch.  Avery loves her Nae Nae.  
My brother, sister-in-law and nephews came over Monday night for dinner.  It's always a blast when we are together. I am so thankful for both my brother and my sister-in-law...she is the sister I never had.  And of course I love my nephews to pieces.
Avery kept calling Hudson by Alex.  Not sure where she came up with that...ha
Tuesday night some of our very good friends, the Turner's, were passing through town on their way to Tennessee.  I am so very thankful for this family and the friendship we have.  
Thanksgiving Day we had lunch at my cousin Teri's house.  Teri and Waymon are two of the kindest people I know and I am so thankful for them both!  I love how they open their home to everyone and truly want everyone there.  Family from both Teri and Waymon's sides were there.  It made for a houseful and a great time.  To me, that is what Thanksgiving is about - spending it with all your family and friends.  The more the merrier!  It breaks my heart to think about people who have no family or no place to go on Thanksgiving Day.    


Carol and Paul couldn't make it out for the feast, so we delivered a meal to them on our way home.  These are two good Christian people here!
This was the site about 30 minutes after we got home....
Thanksgiving night, I prepared a small feast for our kids.  I absolutely loved having all of my kids under one roof!  These moments are becoming fewer, so I am cherishing them more.
Cody and his girlfriend Amber
Caleb with his girlfriend Brianna and Courtney

How can our kids be so big??  Crazy how time flies!


No matter what life throws at me, I know I am so truly blessed.  I have an awesome forgiving God whom I serve (and I need forgiveness daily!), a loving husband who is my rock, kids whom I love with all my heart (they may not always make decisions I agree with, but that doesn't make me love them any less), a roof over my head and food to eat.  And for that, I am truly thankful!

I will close with one of my favorite quotes at the moment:
Always pray to have eyes that see the best in people, a heart that forgives the worst, a mind that forgets the bad, and a soul that never loses faith in God. 

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment