2.24.2013

Weekend Getaway

Rod and I did something that we haven't done in a very long time.  We went away together just the two us.  The Gaylord Texan is running a special right now.  During your birthday month,  when you book the first night of your stay, you get the second night free!  So since this weekend was Rod's weekend off, we decided to take advantage of that special.  We were trying to remember the last time we went off somewhere together, just the two of us, with no kids.  And we had to go back 6 years to when we had the opportunity to go to Rome, Italy for a week!!  

As soon as Rod got off of work on Friday, we headed over to Grapevine.  We stopped at Posado's in Frisco for supper.  The waiter made us some fresh guacamole at our table.  It was delicious!
Rod and I have been to the Gaylord a couple of times, but this is the first time we could go and just relax and not have a schedule of events to be at.  It was SO nice!
Our room was very nice.  It was a corner room in the very far west end of the hotel.  The parking garage is on the east side.  By the time we walked from the truck to our room, we felt like we had walked miles and miles.  But hey, we got a free night so I am not complaining.
 Saturday morning we walked around the Atrium and took our time exploring everything in the hotel.


 Rod was getting some ideas for when we re-do our backyard.  But I just want him to finish the fence before we start to think about landscaping.... 

We headed over to Grapevine Mills Mall for a little while on Saturday afternoon.  Rod was a very good shopping partner and very patient with me.  I came out of one of the stores and found him sitting in the massage chairs.  I, unfortunately, got trapped by one of the people doing the chair massages.  I got the cheapest one, for like 15 minutes.  It was horrible.  They tried to kill me.  I could not wait for the time to be up and I actually started to get up before it was over.  I am still sore.  I will never do it again.  Ever.
   Saturday night we ate at Zeppole Italian restaurant in the hotel.  It was very good!
 Me and my date :) 
Then we headed over to the Java Coast to get some ice cream before heading back to our room to watch a movie.
We got up this morning and went to church in Lewisville.  Then we stopped and ate lunch and arrived home around 3pm.  It was a very FUN and RELAXING weekend that has been a long time coming!   Now it is back to reality.  Work tomorrow.  But at least it is my day to work from home :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment