11.25.2012

Thanksgiving 2012

We had a great Thanksgiving holiday weekend and I am very sad that it is almost over.  It has been so nice just to sit back and relax and spend it with the ones I love.  

This year, we volunteered to help deliver meals for Meals on Wheels on Thanksgiving day.  My brother had to work, but my sister-in-law, nephews and her mom and step-dad helped deliver as well.  I know it is very helpful and appreciated to all those who receive the meals, but I honestly believe we were the ones who received the benefits.  What an honor and a blessing it is to be able to help serve those who are in need.  The Bawcums (owners of Toyota of Paris) prepare all the food on Thanksgiving day at the First Christian church.  We had to be there by 10:30 to get our coolers and our route info.  Turns out we only had 9 houses (13 meals) to deliver.  My sister-in-law had 10 houses on her route.  I'm thinking that the routes were shorter because of the abundance of volunteers.  A couple of  different houses that we delivered to asked us to stay and visit.  I wish time would have allowed.  It saddened me that these individuals had no one to spend the holiday with.

At the church building waiting for our route information and coolers
Courtney and Michael with my nephews, Hudson and Seth
My sister-in-law Becky, my nephews and Becky's mom and step-dad, Ted and Deborah McLemore
My step-sister Vicky and her husband Gary have volunteered for years.  They were handing out name tags to the individuals who were eating at the church building.
Making our first stop 



This lady was kind enough to let us take her picture.  She had to look at it to approve whether it was a keeper or not :)
My mom fixed lunch for us, so that is where we headed when we finished delivering all of our meals.  And this is the only picture I got there :( 
Michael and Brittany were in Kelli's wedding Saturday afternoon.  It did not work out where I could go, but Brittany was kind enough to send me this picture.  They looked very nice!
Saturday evening we went over to my brother and sister-in-laws for Thanksgiving.  
Courtney and Bandit
By this time we were all tired of Thanksgiving food, so we had a Mexican Fiesta!
Cousin Pic
Becky had all of her Christmas decorations out and some Pinterest creations that she had made.  She loves deco mesh as much as I do!!
My brother Rodney and his crew
And today was the day I dreaded the most....Michael leaving to go back to school in Tennessee!  It has been so nice having him home the past nine days.  I know a little curly headed girl who is going to miss him for sure!



 What a sweet sight...
Hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving!!  I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment