6.30.2011

Summer Youth Series

This past Monday night, our congregation hosted a "Summer Youth Series" and we had 177 in attendance!  Summer Youth Series is a series of lessons hosted by area congregations on Monday nights during the summer.  This allows our youth to meet with the youth from other congregations to sing and hear a speaker deliver a lesson targeted at their age group.  This is the second year Blossom has participated in it, and it is a WONDERFUL work.  The series usually starts the first Monday in June, and is held weekly until the middle of August.  Due to our VBS, we missed the first lesson hosted by North Jefferson Church of Christ in Mt. Pleasant, but since then have attended in Blodgett and Fruitvale.  

Michael led a few songs
Then Lanny led several more songs
And Dwight Butler (Evan's dad from Illinois) was the speaker of the evening.  Dwight always does a FANTASTIC job, and I love to hear him preach.  And the apple doesn't fall far from the tree because Evan always does an awesome job too.
All the pews were packed - just as they should be!

We decorated in a country/bar-b-que theme

I made these cookies for the meal following.  I should have done a better job outlining the flower, but I believe it was close to midnight the night before when I got around to icing and decorating them.
Tiffany made pulled pork sandwiches which were AWESOME!  And we had coleslaw and chips to go with it.
Most everyone that comes, stays for the meal afterwards to fellowship
Full House
Colton, Reese, Erin, Courtney, Hailey & Michael
Some of our younger kids
And when I saw this sight, I had to get a picture.  Courtney vacuuming without me telling her too??
And Hailey too!
Reese was trying to make rabbit ears behind their heads, but he needs to grow another foot before we will be able to see them :)
It was a great evening and I am looking forward to attending more Summer Youth Series this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment