4.02.2011

Catch up

I finally found some time to download the pictures off of my camera and catch up on my blogging. It has been a BUSY past couple of weeks, and I don't think it is going to slow down anytime soon. But I function best when I have a ton of things to do - I am weird that way :) A couple of weeks ago, my nephew Seth spent the night with us. So of course that meant a wrestling match between him and Courtney. Please excuse the basket of laundry on my couch.

Last Saturday, my friend Pam asked me if I wanted to ride to Texarkana with her. She was meeting her parents (who live in Dierks, AR) there for lunch. So we had a nice ride over there and ate lunch at Cracker Barrel, and of course we did some shopping :) It had been quite a while since I had got to spend some time with Pam, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I miss seeing Pam as often as I use too. But, just like the rest of us, Pam is quite the busy lady too.

Pam, with her mom and dad - Joe and Faye Ashford

Last Sunday, after evening services, there was a singing devo for ages Pre-K and up.

Courtney and one of her mini BFF's - Autumn Faith
I volunteered to make some desserts, so of course I had to make some cupcakes with music notes and some brownies with treble clef's to go along with the singing. I also made a super easy dessert using swiss roll cakes, pudding and cool whip.
Little Jack thought the brownies looked awful good, and he just couldn't wait until all the other food was ready :)
So he ate a brownie while waiting :) Sorry Tiffany!
I think it is the sweetest thing to watch these little boys get up and lead songs
Courtney and Hailey - scheming I am sure
Amy made lasagna and garlic bread, and Tiffany made a big nice salad
Arlo and Vivian stayed to enjoy the singing too. Vivian is always making cookies for the kids any time they have LTC practice or any type of get togethers. And her cookies are delicious!
I took these two to go play golf after school yesterday. They have their district meet on Monday. Since I know nothing about golf, I wasn't much help to them other than cheering them on. And they spotted a cute boy, so they were more worried about looking at him and wondering if he was watching them, rather than their golf game.
And then Courtney decided to chase a squirrel. And the cute boy saw her. Needless to say, she was a little embarrassed.
And Hailey decided to hit her ball out of the edge of the pond. Not a good idea Hailey!
I'm not sure how much the outing did for their golf game, but they had a lot of fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment