It seems like our December was just as busy as it always is. On top of all the Christmas activities, we have a birthday and anniversary to throw in to all the craziness. I always have all sorts of Christmas crafts and baking that I intend on doing, but usually only get a small fraction of those projects done. This year was no different. My Christmas decorations have been the same for several years. I am ready to do something different.
I did add the sock monkey tree this year. I found all these cute ornaments on clearance at the end of last season and I bought them all dirt cheap.
I didn't plan on putting up all my trees, but once I got all the decorations out it was just easier to put them all up rather than box them back up. I think there were 9 trees in total.
Biscuit, our elf, came to visit. He wasn't quite as creative as some of my Facebook friends. But he was plenty creative for our family. There were many times in the mornings where one of us was rushing to find a spot for him because we had fallen asleep the previous night before we moved him.
Biscuit's favorite was spot was Avery's doll house. Avery has been so blessed with hand me down clothes and toys from friends, and this doll house is one of her favorites to play with.
We went to my nephew's 8th grade Christmas concert and the NL 8th grade band was awesome!
The KCS Holiday Express came thru Pittsburg, TX, so we had to take a little mini road trip to see it. It was so neat. Each year, KCS raises funds to purchase gift cards, which are donated to the Salvation Army to provide warm clothing for children in need in the communities where the Holiday Express train stops. They had several cars that you can tour that are filled with all sorts of Christmas decorations. And at the end, they give each child a little bag full of treats. Hopefully it will come back close to this area again next year.
Diva Avery
I found two of the cutest Christmas dresses for Avery at Goodwill!! This green one was her favorite. She wanted to wear it EVERY single day. I finally had to hide it.
The youth at church had a little Christmas party with food, crafts and games...
Santa was busy making toys for boys and girls, so we visited with Mrs. Clause instead
Gingerbread house making party
Christmas at my mom and step-dad's
My step dad with his kids
Love this crazy lady!
The big night finally arrived and we had to put out some cookies for Santa!
Christmas morning!
And this little girl turned TWENTY!
Lots of time was spent playing with new toys and dressing up in new clothes
Having fun with a selfie stick one Sunday afternoon with one of our favorite five year olds
Sometimes, when it is really cold outside, Beasley gets to come in the house
Love this little rotten girl!

















































No comments:
Post a Comment