6.15.2013

Project Graduation

Project Graduation actually started for us on Thursday night when we started baking all the sweets for the big night.  My plan was, to stay up late on Thursday night baking.  And then to sleep late on Friday morning so that I would be prepared to stay up all night after graduation.  Well, Thursday night went according to planned.  I finished all the baking and crawled into bed at 2am.  All I had left to do on Friday was ice the cupcakes and dip one batch of cake balls.  But Friday morning didn't work out as I had planned.  I woke up at 7am and could not go back to sleep.  So I had 5 hours of sleep on Thursday night to last me until 6am Saturday morning.  But I did it. Somehow.  
Red Velvet cake balls, red velvet cupcakes, mini banana caramel pies, chocolate chip cookies, chess cake bars, snickerdoodle brownies and cake batter rice krispie treats
 Each senior gets to take a guest.  Courtney took Kelby as her guest.
Some of my favorite people :)

  The Withers provided an awesome firework show around midnight
Michael stayed until about 1:30am.  He had to work the next day too.
Every hour or so, there were minute to win it games.  They were pretty fun to watch.

 Three on three basketball tournament
 Qtip shooters
 Mummy race
 Hoola Hoop chain
 A very tired girl.
And finally...the time everyone had been waiting for - 5:30 am when the award money was handed out.  All the seniors who stayed all night got between $40 and $1000.  Courtney ended up right in the middle with a little over $500.
We got home a little after 6am.  I had every intention of getting up around 11am or noon.  But when I finally got up the clock said 1:45 pm!  I learned I am way to old to stay out all night!!  But it was worth it to keep our kids off the streets and for the senior class to have one more night together!

1 comment:

  1. Crystal, had a few minutes to set down and enjoy your company. This is great! Haven't gotten through it all yet. I think some of you needs to rub off on me. Great looking family too!

    ReplyDelete