5.09.2013

mother daughter banquet

Saturday night I went with my mom and Mawmaw to a mother daughter banquet.  Their church hosts one every year right around Mother's Day.  The theme was "Quilted with Love" and they had it decorated really cute.  They had a lot of old quilts on display.  And each lady who brought one got up and told the story of the quilt and what it meant to them.  My great grandmother (my Mama Deshong) made a lot of quilts during her time here.  My grandmother didn't take any of them.  I take after her - she would lay down and die if she had to speak in front of a bunch of people.  We are both behind the scenes type people :)  There was lots of good food and I enjoyed sitting at the table visiting with some of my favorite people.
My cousin Teri came too.  And my cousin Staci came with her mom and brought her mother-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment