A few months ago a well known photographer in the area, Tara Swain, had a casting call on her website. She was looking for a 2013 senior to be a model in a photography workshop she was putting on for some photographers. I sent a few pictures in of Courtney....and she was CHOSEN to be the senior model for the workshop!! This included hair, make-up and clothes borrowed from SOHO downtown. The only thing Tara asked us to supply was a pair of red torn skinny jeans (these proved a little difficult to find, but we finally found some on Amazon). This was very exciting news around our house. For one, we would get Courtney's senior pictures made by THE Tara Swain, who is almost impossible to get in with unless you book a year in advance. And for two, Tara is in such demand, that her prices have increased quite a bit since she took Michael's senior pictures three years ago, so we probably would not have been able to afford her. I can not put in to words how incredibly talented and creative Tara is. Just go over to www.taraswain.com and take a look for yourself. Her work is just awesome!!!
This past Tuesday was the big day, Court went to get her hair and make-up done by Tiffany and Smokin Hot Make-up, who is pretty amazing herself! Then we traveled out to Sumner to Tara's awesome new studio. Tara had three photographers attending the workshop. One was from Midland, TX, one from Waco, TX, and I didn't ever hear where the third one was from. While all the photographers had their fancy cameras out snapping photos, I took a few myself with my snazzy little iPhone 4...ha
Yesterday, Tara posted a few sneak peaks of Court's pictures on her Facebook page...
I LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures and CAN'T WAIT to see the rest of the ones that she took. See, I told you she was amazing :)
And by the way, we did go down to SOHO and purchase the dress and the shoes that Court wore. She loved them, and they looked great on her!
And here are a few pictures that Tara took 3 years ago for Michael's senior pics
Tara was just as awesome back then too!!









No comments:
Post a Comment