Saturday morning started off bright and early. I awoke by what I thought was a herd of wild horses....turns out it was just some eager little boys ready to start playing! And really, who can blame them? Staying in a nice cabin in the middle of the woods and a ping pong table just calling their name! I probably would have done the same thing if I was 30 years younger and only required a few hours sleep.
This picture was taken around 8am. Court still trying to sleep with a ping pong match outside her "bed"
Early birds are what these young ones are :)
Reese makes his dad proud by being so good at ping pong - he was the Ping Pong champion of summer church camp just like his dad was in his younger days. We hear that story quite often from Ben.
And how else to break the newcomer in, than to make him cook everyone breakfast!
Lenita tried very hard to beat Reese. She was losing when I took this picture. I never heard the outcome, so I figure she lost - or we would have heard about it.
Butler, Benton and Paul enjoyed the "swimming" tub
Relaxing
Erin, Courtney and Hailey
Tiffany's youngest just turned 2, time for another one!
The kids really enjoyed the little playground area and sand box
Autumn showing her moves
Becky and Joyce bought the kids some giant coloring pages. They were a hit!
Ethan
Ryan, Reese and Paul
Paul, Jack and Tiffany
Courtney and Amy. Texting. Each other. Actually, I think they were texting Lanny, who was inside.
I finally remembered to give the birthday girl her present, the day after.
Courtney trying to be all serious
Courtney thought it would be fun to climb up on the ledge....
And then Grace thought it would be fun too...
Autumn getting a free ride
Rod in the "serenity" room
The Texas/OU game put Jack to sleep.
Lunch Time!
Caleb came to get in on the fun
After lunch, the kids painted some pumpkins. They loved it!
And the adults loved it too! Finally....some peace and quite :)
Dorris and Teresa had to leave us. I am glad they were able to come for at least one night and part of Saturday.
Avery enjoyed herself painting pumpkins.
Little Evan picking out his paint brush
Benton
Erin
Grace
Autumn
Hailey
Reese
Kenny
Chuck
John Henry
Mark
Avery didn't know quite what to think about the sand
She did like the slide!
Butler, Benton and Aubree
Part 3 (the final part) coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment